When it comes to any type of home updating or remodel, it’s good to thoroughly understand your options. As a premier kitchen store in Nashua, NH, the folks at Cabinet Outlet are here to assist you with any questions you may have. One of the most frequently asked questions regarding cabinets is the difference between the styles. This article will provide you with the necessary knowledge you need concerning Shaker and Raised Panel style cabinet doors.
Shaker Style Cabinets
Of the two, shaker style cabinets are the more simple design. However, don’t confuse simple for boring. This style of cabinetry creates a unique yet attractive solution for both kitchens and bathrooms. Thus, these cabinets are also some of the highest in demand. The five-panel door can easily complement traditional and contemporary designed homes.
Although some of the cabinets are adorned with decorative edging, most shaker style cabinetry will have clean, simple lines. With the addition of hardware, you can create the look you always desired.
Raised Panel Style Cabinets
A raised panel style cabinet door has an extended piece in the center, which is slightly higher than the surrounding wood. This type of cabinet comes in a wide range of styles. For example, the door may have a square or an arched theme. Many kitchens will utilize both styles; top cabinets with the arched panel and bottom with the square. Raised panels can also feature glass or metal inserts to add a unique touch or look to your room.
When deciding between the two styles of cabinets, there are a few considerations at hand. Ultimately it comes down to personal preference, but here is some food for thought:
- Shaker style creates a modern feel, while the raised panel is more of a traditional style.
- Because of the simplicity, the shaker style will not provide as many decorative options to the homeowner.
- Budget is a factor. Homeowners can expect to pay more with raised cabinets.
- If you’re looking for a decorative finish, raised panels provide an array of rail and molding options.
- Shaker style is often found in frameless construction, while raised panels can be challenging to locate in this option.
As a premier kitchen store in Nashua, NH, our team at Cabinet Outlet continues to provide services to our customers exceeding expectations. From high-end products to design and education, we are here for you! Stop by any of our locations today or give our experts a call and see what we can do for your home (800) 866-2808.